Man-made water systems can put employees, service users and members of the public at risk of exposure to legionella bacteria.
As an employer, landlord, estates manager or person in charge of premises, it is your duty to identify and assess sources of risk, as per the HSE’s Approved Code of Practice: Legionnaires’ disease: The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems (L8).
• Identify and assess sources of risk
• Manage, prevent and control any risks
• Keep and maintain the correct records
At Elgar Heating and Plumbing we can help you to ensure that you meet your obligations as an employer or facilities manager.
• Legionella risk assessments
• Water treatment
• Hot and cold water monitoring and inspection
• Cleaning and disinfection
Almost all water systems are potentially at risk of legionella bacteria. We offer a cost-effective service to help you to comply with legislation and reduce the risk of staff and service users being exposed to legionella.